I am delighted to announce that my blog was nominated for a Liebster Award this week by the wonderful Hannah of A Pinch of Candy. I had not heard of the Liebster Award before I was nominated but after a little research I was more than delighted that my blog had been nominated. The Liebster Award is passed between bloggers and is a great foundation for new bloggers to create connections and to support each other. Receiving this award was the most positive thing that has happened to me on this venture so far and I was beaming all day when I found out!
The Rules of The Award
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Questions About Me
1. What made you want to start a Blog? Blogging was something that I was always interested in but I never had a chance to do while I was in college but when I graduated I found myself in the middle of a long lull between a seasonal job and an internship and I suddenly had the free time I had always longed for to start my blog!
2. What is your most essential appliance? My standing mixer as seen in my baking posts. I had always wanted one of the extremely expensive Kitchen Aid ones but they never seemed worth the money. Fast forward a few years and I now own my wonderful standing mixer that does everything. To make the deal even sweeter it only cost me €40 from Aldi!
3. What is your favourite go-to meal? Without a doubt a big bowl of Pesto Pasta with streaky rashers and sun-dried tomatoes is my be all for everything.
4. If you could live in a different country, where would you choose and why? I would love to have a year in New York City. I feel it is the ultimate place for young professionals at the moment. You also get to live the life while you work!
5. Would you rather design and build your own house, or buy a house and do it up? This one is a toughie. In Ireland we do a mixture of both. My own family home is one that we built. I feel like I will ultimately buy a really old house with lots of character and put my own spin on it.
6. What is the best present you have ever given and received? I think the best present I have ever given was the most recent one I gave to my friend who was returning home to California after studying at my university for a semester. It was an Alex and Ani Claddagh symbol bracelet and I wrote on the card that it was to remind her about her mad Irish bestie. I felt that it was something that was traditionally Irish yet fresh and it would always remind her of her time on The Emerald Isle.
There is a jewelry theme in this answer as one of my favorite presents that I ever received was a pair of diamond drop earring s from my Mam as a just because present. I wear them as much as I can because I love them so much.
7. Do you have any secret family recipes? I would say our brown sugar and honey ham glaze is pretty good but not quite a secret bar the quantities of the ingredients that is used to make it.
8. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up for a month? My iPad because I now use it as my Kindle. My favorite type of Sunday is when I read all day.
9. Name your 5 favorite foods Chocolate, Cheese, Nuts, Wine (is that considered a food?), pesto and quinoa.
10. What is something about you most people don’t know? I am actually quite shy behind this very outgoing exterior!
11. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? To speak French, I could never grasp it and so learned German instead.
Questions For You
1) Why did you start your blog?
2) What is Your Favorite Drink?
3) If you could only eat in one restaurant for the rest of your life what one would you pick?
4) Upcycling or Buying New?
5) Where is your dream vacation destination?
6) Who is your ultimate inspiration?
7) What is your favorite form of Social Media?
8) What would be your Ultimate Sunday?
9) Are you a dog or cat person?
10) What is your favorite Season?
11) Cocktails or Beer?
Tag me in your posts if you decide to accept the award and join the Liebster Community! I would also love to see your answers to my questions. It is great that something this positive exists among bloggers and it will be fantastic to keep it going!
Thanks again to Hannah for including me!